Song of the Day: Tiësto - Summer Nights ft. John Legend


I've never been a big Tiësto fan. No particular reason why, just wasn't a big fan of deep house. I also have a proclivity to dance tracks that follow a standard pop song structure, which means I like my dance songs to have a verses and hooks. I mean, to this point, the Tiësto track with the most plays in my iTunes was "Naked", and that was only because the hook goes, "I like us better when we're naked", and I heard that and was like, "hell, yes, I agree with that statement."

So when he dropped his new single, "Summer Nights" a few weeks ago, I wasn't even checking for it until I saw it featured John Legend, which basically meant it was John Legend + dance, which is something I'm always down for. And "Summer Nights" doesn't disappoint. It's got a night time-feeling piano riff that Legend croons over, and it's absolutely killer.

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment