Song of the Day: AlunaGeorge - Mean What I Mean ft. Leikeli47 and Dreezy


AlunaGeorge is gearing up for the release of their sophomore album, Remember, and they've slowly been teasing new tracks. First there was "I'm in Control" with Popcaan, then there was "My Blood" with ZHU, as well as the title track. Now they're (she?) back with the latest cut, the female-empowered aka the putting all the fuckboys on notice aka better put some respek on my name aka you touch me I'm putting my finger in your eye aka "Mean What I Mean". They shouldn't have to tell you anything twice, cuz they meant it the first time.

Separately, is George Reid still in the group? I haven't seen him anywhere recently — not in promo material, not on the Instagram. He's barely on the single covers. I guess AlunaGeorge is being marketed as a solo Aluna Francis. I just find that interesting and I'd love to hear the reasoning behind the move.

Remember is on your prefered digital streaming service September 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment