This. Designer Creates "Naked Oprah Dress" and It's F'n Dope

Peggy Noland is a designer who has created the "naked Oprah dress" that's sparking angry editorials and think pieces internet wide. First things first: Peggy Noland, why is your website soooo difficult to navigate?! I tried to find images of the naked Oprah dress on her website (which, itself, is dope, because it mimics the google layout) but had no such luck. Maybe she took them down? I hope not, because I want to purchase this dress and wear said dress during the warmer days (or at the job I don't yet have).

Secondly, who the fuck creates a naked Oprah dress? How do you even...what sort of occurrence sparks the thought that says, "I need to create a naked Oprah dress"? I think it's incredibly dope, if only for the reason that it proves A) people will purchase anything and B) people will get angry about everything. Hit the jump to see another pic and reach some choice quotes she gave to NY Mag. Shouts to Four-Pins. Also, there's a t-shirt version that I'd purchase right now despite my brokeness. I'm going to try and find that, stat.


HOW IS THIS NOT THE DOPEST THING YOU'VE SEEN TODAY?!! (That's a rhetorical question for the rest of you. But seriously, I can't even begin to articulate how much I love this.) From NY Mag:
"For me, it originated as kind of the age old [red] carpet question: Who are you wearing? And this clearly is: You’re wearing Oprah instead of a designer...We feel very protective of our public figures. We don't want them to be exposed that way [read—naked], but we feel like they're ours, too. The simpler, more lighthearted idea is that it's like one of those bikini-printed beach shirts. I think there are some really meaningful philosophical layers. I can’t believe I just said "philosophical" when talking about a dress. We share a humorous underpinning to all our work. That's why there's naked Oprah with a KISS face. It can nod to how ridiculous the fashion industry is at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment