Introducing...Alison Wonderland

Sometimes you have to stop what you're doing and pay attention when dope shit is happening. I'm in the middle of watching HBO's Going Clear (the Scientology documentary), and I had to hit the pause button so I could write this post. Alison Wonderland is an Australian DJ turned producer turned singer/songwriter. I got hip to her earlier this morning through ToneDeaf's 17 Aussie Ladies Who Are Making Pop Music Cool Again article. I heard "Cold" and immediately knew I found a fucking gem. Like Charlotte OC's "If My House Was Burning" from a few days ago, I knew instantly this was a track (and by extension, an artist) that I'm gonna fuck with for weeks, months and years to come. You know it's a good song when you hear the lyrics and imagine Drake singing them lol. Show love and check out Alison Wonderland's Facebook, Twitter, and Soundcloud, and buy her debut album, Run, on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment