Zayn - Like I Would [Music Video]


Zayn Malik left One Direction in March 2015 and dropped his debut solo album, Mind of Mine, roughly a year later in March of this year. His debut single, "Pillowtalk" was pretty bleh to me, but the rest of the album was a dose of refreshing R&B-inspired electro-pop. The standout track, which turned out to be the second single, is the above "Like I Would".

The playability of the song is only rivaled by the awfulness of its music video. From the Tron-inspired clothing and light show, to the motion sickness-inducing direction and camera movement — this will be the last time this music video plays in a room I am present in. Between the "Pillowtalk" video and this, it doesn't quite seem like he has much of a stage presence when it's just him and the camera. The necessary energy, when you remove the models and the dancing and everything else, just doesn't seem to be there for Zayn. But I've never seen a 1D video, and I've only seen these two solo ones, so what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment