Empress Of - "Need Myself" + "Standard" [Music Video]

Empress Of is a Brooklyn-based indie/electronic-pop singer-songwriter. She released her debut album, Me, last week, and let me tell you — the shit is straight fire. I'm still making my way through the intricacies of each track, but I can already you that there isn't a single song on this album that I am not a fan of. I like everything. And it's been a while since that's happened. One of the first songs I latched onto is "Need Myself", one of the more scathing tracks about not wanting/needing someone I've heard in a long time. Show love and buy her album here, and check out her Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, and Soundcloud.
The second track that absolutely goes is "The Standard". Idk, something about the instrumentation reminds me of a mix between the drums of 808s and Heartbreaks and the indie-pop version of those Travi$ Scott beats. But I love it. The hook goes, "Tell me what you see in the mirror when you're feeling faceless/do you see a man who isn't there/living for the sake of living/I can promise you no one cares". I love it. Pitchfork loves it. You will too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment