Song of the Day: Duran Duran - Future Off ft. Janelle Monāe & Nile Rodgers

I was never big into Duran Duran (I mean, 80s, right?) until they linked up with Timbaland to do the Red Carpet Massacre album back in 2007. Timbaland was coming off three home run albums, having produced JT's FutureSex/LoveSounds, Nelly Furtado's Loose, and his own Shock Value. While the critics weren't overly positive about the collabo, it was fucking stellar to me. I was the new audience they were trying to reach and I can still listen to that shit. 

Well, the band is back and collaborating with a who's who in the music game. Their new single, "Pressure Off", features Janelle Monāe and Nile Rodgers, and was coproduced by Mark Ronson. You can feel the "Get Lucky" vibe that Rodgers brings to the track. Duran Duran's new album, Paper Gods, hits September 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment